Blog: Take a picture that illustrates textures. – Due Feb 27
1. Immediate Response – Uncensored, irrational un-self-conscious impressions of the photo, what you notice first, what stand out and how it affects you.
You knotice the horse first. Being made out of scrap metal makes it stand out.
2. Objective Description – Describe what is in front of you. Describe the photo to someone who cannot see it.
Well its a picture of a horse made of scrap metal. there is a metal seat from an old tracter for its side by the tail.
3. Formal Matters – discuss the composition, line quality, color, placement in space
The color of it is a rusty color. There are a lot of lines of metal that goes through it
4. The Story It Tells – Does the photo tell a story? Try naming the photo with a simple noun.
This is a metal sculpture in downtown Calgary, Canada. And I would name it the Iron Horse.
5. The Work in the World - How does the photo connect to Richard Serra’s drawings and sculptures? (You may need to look up images of this artist on the Internet to be able to make a thorough comparison.)
Richard Serra makes drawings and sculptures out of metal. And my picture is a sculpture made out of metal.