Monday, February 9, 2009
1. Immediate Response – Uncensored, irrational un-self-conscious impressions of the photo, what you notice first, what stand out and how it affects you.
You notice my face first. It is the lightest part of the picture.
2. Objective Description – Describe what is in front of you. Describe the photo to someone who cannot see it.
It a picture of me. You will see the blue contrast in the background.
3. Formal Matters – discuss the composition, line quality, color, placement in space
I think the composition is very good for this type of art. The color looks awesome with the skin being very light and my lips red and the blue colors in the back ground. and the placement of myself is very eyecatching because it is not in the center of the photo.
4. The Story It Tells – Does the photo tell a story? Try naming the photo with a simple noun.
I was at a bar and i decided to take a self portrait and it turned out very unique
5. The Work in the World - How does the photo connect to Albrecht Durer’s drawings? (You may need to look up images of this artist on the Internet to be able to make a thorough comparison.)
In alberecht Durer's drawings there is an object that is in color and sticks out and the back ground is black